Friday, September 9, 2011

Garden Awesomeness update

I'm enjoying being outside a lot more now that we are out of the 90's and I thought I'd update on my yard and garden. Sorry this is picture-heavy, but I have fun taking pictures of plants. They HOLD STILL, if you know what I mean.

I'll start with the funny part, then if you don't care anymore you can quit reading. Okay, so maybe this is normal, but I don't know. I planted yellow squash, and the plant did, indeed, produce yellow squash (it is very good, btw) It also, however, decided to produce an acorn squash. ??!!???

Same plant here above and below.


We've had exactly 1 ripe tomato so far. Had it on tacos the other day. Hopefully more to come.


This is one of the 4 peppers I planted. They all look like this. They have grown a few more leaves since I planted them ..........?

Peanut plant. It's grown and turned sort of yellow. Much speculation (and anticipation) from the kids about what it going on under the ground with those peanuts.

Don't think we're getting any watermelon this year:


Carrots are doing just fine. (so's the kool-aid mustache)


Those darn peas just keep producin'. And I keep trying to turn the pickers into eaters, but no luck so far, the charm has worn off. (Don't you just love those little curly thingies?)


Enough veggies. On to the fruit of the matter.


But first, here's a yummy way to eat veggies: Hawiian haystacks with a pepper from our "other" garden (located at my parent's house!) Isn't it pretty? (but not too pretty to eat, I ate it.)



Nice leafy raspberries. Looking forward to next year!

And nice, sweet strawberries:


We got peaches this year! White peaches, VERY sweet and so good :)


Not all of them get eaten fresh either......


Flowers. Can't eat 'em. (and yes, I did narrow these down, there were more)






There you have it. Now get out there and weed your garden!

2 comments:

Anneke said...

Fun. Glad to see your anemone is blooming.

Christine said...

You've got a gorgeous garden! I love seeing what other people plant and how they use them. It's been a weird summer for gardening in Utah.