Friday, January 7, 2011

16 days

I have kept my baby alive for 16 days now. I feel pretty good about that. I am not without my crazy sleep-deprived moments, but I'm still here!

We have discovered that we have thrush (C & I) and it explains a lot of pain I've had these past few weeks. We are trying to treat that as well as deal with C's spitting up and gas issues. He is not usually a very happy baby, but we love him a lot!


The boys are doing well with adjusting to a baby and M is a big help and holds him while I shower, which isn't something I had when E was little, so it has been nice. E is interested in him, but C cries when E holds him, so it's hard for him. He is having a bit more of a struggle- giving up his role as the baby is rough.

Christmas was good, we had a bit more of a low-key day than usual and it was kind of nice. We went to my parents' for Christmas Eve the day I came home from the hospital. We had a nice dinner and program. Christmas day they brought lunch to us and we hung out with the kids playing with their new gifts. I think E's favorite was his "monster feet" and M's his Lego Harry Potter Wii game, but they got a ton of other fun things we've been playing with & reading in the last few weeks.


C's favorite gift (of mine) is the white noise machine giraffe. I am hoping it will help him sleep better. He is wearing the shirt the hospital gave us when we checked out on Christmas Eve.


My mom took the boys shopping at the dollar store to buy presents for us and it was so cute when they got so excited to give them to us. Here is E with a flashlight for Daddy. I recieved 2 identical glass candy bowls- I guess they fought over who got to give me one.


We had a visit from Grammy & Pops & Auntie Ann for New Years Eve and had fun visiting and eating take-out. My Grandma came to visit as well and it was fun to see her without so many people around. We have been going a little stir-crazy staying in, but that's how it is every winter I suppose.


Now I'm just left pondering the questions that probably come up with a lot of mothers: how on earth do I get ANYTHING done with a newborn, and am I EVER going to fit into my clothes again?!

2 comments:

Liz said...

congrats! what a BEAUTIFUL baby!!!


i could not find you email address on your blog anywhere, but i want to talk to you about something (in regards to your loss). would you mind emailing me at
kirynspiscesmama at gmail dot com?

you have done wonderfully, mama! and keep showing off those cute baby pictures :)
liz p

boisegrammy said...

I never made it anywhere on time for at least 3 months after a new arrival - even though I knew how long it would take to get ready. Sleep deprivation - umm - that lasts about 20 years (though the reasons change). Just hang in there and enjoy all your boys.