Monday, May 10, 2010

Some things I've learned about myself now that I'm 28 3/4

Brought to you by: the fact that most of my brother's posts are shockingly self-revelatory, and mine are about how adorable/smart/amazing my kids are.

So here's what I've figured out so far-

I mostly only like music if I am (or can) participating in creating it- at the very least singing along- this is (one of the reasons) why I don't watch American Idol and am selective about concerts

I really don't like many things that are a combination of chocolate & peanut butter

I do better relating to older children (5 & up) or young babies, the middle is still a mystery to me even though I've raised 2- this is probably why I chose Secondary education to major in.

I still hate sports & exercising- I hope this will one day change but I seriously doubt it

I like to study out my decisions and do what I feel is right even if it's not the mainstream "way"- I will never regret this.

I still really love to read and learn new things from books

I can do (and have done) hard things in my life, but that doesn't mean I want to

If you really wanted to ruin my night, you'd sit me down in front of a plate of salmon and a diet coke and make me watch reality TV.

If you really wanted to make it a great evening, you'd take me to Bajio for a Chicken-Green chili quesadilla and take me to a fun play/musical OR leave me alone with my book and a bowl of cream of wheat.

Even though many people may think it's ignorance and/or sheepish obedience, I know that The Church is true.

I really do better at sewing when I am NOT attempting to follow a pattern- I learn more too.

I am not easily offended and try to get to know people before I decide what they're like, this helps me overcome SOME of my social awkwardness that I was apparently born with

I have finally figured out how to (sort of) control my asthma

My goal is to learn to communicate with DH (who is a mystery to me) by the time we've been married for 39 years (coming up on 9 this summer, so only 30 more to work on this)

My body weight is not influenced by anything remotely logical- especially when hormones are introduced. Sometimes this is a good thing, but mostly bad.

I am happiest when I am outside- preferably in the mountains, I think nature is beautiful.

One of my favorite albums is the soundtrack from "I am Sam"

I can only play songs really slow- on both guitar and piano, my mind goes on to the next line but the fingers don't follow. This is probably a disability that connects with my poor skills in sports/dancing.

I sometimes fanticize about living in a "simpler time," but then when I got there it would probably be just as complicated but in different ways.

I'm sure I'm a little more complex than that, but that's all I can think of for now. Back to the laundry- 'cause it's Monday.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow girl...fun to know some of those things about ya! I should make a list...you are so dang inspiring! haha

allie said...

The Salmon, diet coke, reality tv line is killing me! That is so funny because it sounds great to me!

Anneke said...

Now I just like you even more. thanks for sharing. Loved it.

Jody said...

You are cute! Fun to learn new things about you!

boisegrammy said...

I totally agree with the salmon, diet coke, American Idol business. Good luck on the DH thing. I'm not sure one ever learns, you just adjust/cope/accept.

Christine said...

So many revelations in this post! haha! I have to agree with so many of your facts, including the reality tv line. You're awesome!

PS, Monday is the only true and living Laundry Day.

Anonymous said...

On the DH thing. It is very helpful if you ask him rather than try to read his mind.