Friday, March 27, 2009

His own bed?


Co-sleeping has been great so far for the most part, but E is getting so big that it is time for him to venture out on his own. We kept telling him that he could wait until he turned 3, but we decided to set up the crib mattress by our bed the other night. So far he's gone to sleep every night in it. He gets absolutely terrified if you leave the room, but as long as you're there and all the doors/closets are closed he goes to sleep eventually. He has a picture of a bed he puts stickers on and it has helped motivate to some extent. We told him he'd get 2 stickers instead of 1 if he stayed in it all night, but I don't think he even knows he crawls in with us, he hasn't been able to make it so far, but here's hoping! I'm just proud of him that he's taking this step. Maybe someday he won't be so scared of his bunk bed. Until then, we'll keep plugging away.

Hey, I can't complain too much, the kid did potty train himself before age 2 1/2 and is pretty independent in the daylight hours.


In other news-the appraiser is coming today and we've ordered the appraisal for our new house. Things are moving along!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm all for co-sleeping, but I can't imagine an almost 3 year old in my bed all night. I wouldn't sleep with feet in my face.

Maybe by the time you get in your new house he will be ready for the bunk beds!

Christine said...

Still hoping and praying the house business goes smoothly!

You know, even little kids take baby steps. That's a pretty big progression, go E!