Friday, February 27, 2009

You can only have one hobby........

........if it's keeping a clean house!

For kicks, I was just reading some of my blog posts from a few years back. I've decided that I used to, but no longer have a personality. In it's place, there is a woman in desperate need of a haircut who has been crazy sick for weeks and spends all her days cleaning (bad word) and then having to leave the house with nowhere to go, so harassing my parents almost each and every day.

This needs to end. I am convinced that cleaning is very very bad for the soul (at least this one) and I am going crazy in such an empty house devoid of creative outlets. I can't wait until we can sell, buy, move, and be good and messy again. I am going to go nuts sewing and cooking and then not doing a good job of cleaning it up. You may think I'm joking, but that seriously sounds like heaven.

One weird side effect is that I think M really likes the order and cleanliness. If he could do a good job, I would let him do all the cleaning, he'd like it. Looks like he was sent to the wrong mother.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Oh, that sounds so miserable! I would be going nuts too. I'm terrified of having to sell our house while living in it. I hope it ends soon for you!

In the meantime, how about coming over here and enjoying and creating a mess? We're pretty free next week, can you play?

You know what, I'm just going to call you right now!

Summer said...

i'm with you! although i really like having a clean house, I just can't put in the constant effort it requires with kids to keep it that way.
come over here! are you kidding? call us next time you have to leave unexpectedly...please!

Jessie said...

Now I know why I get so stressed so easily....I can't function in a mess!

Good luck selling your house. I hope one of these showings does the trick soon! You can come here anytime, as well!

Mariam said...

AMEN!!! I love a good mess. You can come mess up our house anytime. Especially if you are willing to sew for (I mean with) me : )

Lucy van Pelt said...

That is the most stressful part of selling a house. I'm with you. You have to be unencumbered to really have fun with your creative outlets and knowing that it needs to be cleaned up immediately is a total buzz kill.