Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A total surprise!

Why am I still up? Because I had a migraine and at around 4:30 took a quarter dose of Excedrin. Yeah, that's how much Caffeine affects me. Anyway, nothing better to do.....

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as I certainly did. Once again, I was badly shown up by my DH, who is considered gifted when it comes to giving gifts. Despite the very tiny spending limit (we got rocks- remember?), he once again managed to show me up.

So, you want to know what I got?

Okay, this is not actually a picture of my very machine, but this is the one. A Bernina 830. The legendary "perfect machine." This will probably mean nothing to 98% of you. I was totally surprised. I already have a sewing machine (a 130) so was not expecting it, but it was a good surprise. Haven't done much with it yet, but I am excited to do some sewing on it.

I got my DH a shirt and some candy. Yeah, I feel awesome. He also got some star wars legos, but he bought those himself, so that's not very exciting. (well, I guess if you're a supernerd it is, oops, I mean super cool guy)

So speaking of sewing and making in general, this is a request to all you who have something from me that I have made you: I never remember to take pictures of stuff I make, so if you have a minute, will you take a photo of the item and e-mail it to me? Comment if you don't have my e-mail. Thank you! I feel bad that I give away most of what I make and never have a record of it.

That's all. Maybe I'll try again to sleep before E stumbles back into our room.

5 comments:

Christine said...

I hope the migraine is all better this morning!

Sweet sewing machine! That's really exciting if you're a sewing nerd, I mean, super cool seamstress ;) I inherited one recently that looks similar. I'll have to check and see what it really is.

You'd better get on taking pictures of your creations! I was looking through some pictures last night and while DH always teases me about taking pictures about weird things, I'm SO glad I took pictures of the things I've made. It was a lot of fun to look through them.

I hope you have a fabulous New Years! Are you going to party?

Christine said...

PS, it IS the same machine :) I'd love to know what you think when you get time to play with it :)

Summer said...

migraines are great, aren't they?
ok, so I got Ty a DVD and some garments, and he got me a car. How's that for being shown up :)

Summer said...

PS. even thought I'm one of the 98%, I'm really excited for you, and I'm sure you will put it to good use.

Amber said...

I have the beautiful sling you made... my email is amberdawnlabau@gmail.com - what's yours? ;)