Friday, November 7, 2008

that giant sycamore is at it again....


We've started "the raking." I wish the tree could just drop all at once and be done, but it carefully measures out it's leaf dropping to span 6 weeks or more. I've bagged 6 bags so far, and we usually get at least 30 before we're done. Can't beat the fun it provides, though!



In other news, we've spent (especially DH) a LOT of time outside working. We had a 106' x 6' area of weeds that is now lava rock, Merry Christmas to me and DH! I'll have to take a picture sometime. After these 2 years and some odd months, our yard is actually starting to look like someone cares.

Also, for those of you who don't see E on a regular basis, I just had to post this picture of him looking so LONG and skinny! He has really thinned out (esp. without diapers) and has gotten a bit taller. He's getting so OLD looking!


Just had to re-assure that although long, he's still very messy. That probably will never change. This is him at Fondue FHE.

4 comments:

boisegrammy said...

What cute pictures of the boys playing in the leaves. Don't you just wish you could schedule the leaf dropping and put a big tarp out one night and they would all fall into it? Not many leaves to rake at this house yet.

Jessie said...

That first pic of your boys is great! We may have to come jump in your leaves....we don't have any mature trees really.

shelly said...

I've been meaning to tell you how good the lava rocks look! I notice them every time I drive by. I hope that's not all you're getting for Christmas!!
Leaves are so fun for the kiddos but so much work for the grown ups! Cute pictures.

Mariam said...

E makes me laugh so much. He is just so....E!
Leaves make messes, and great pictures of kids.