Sunday, August 17, 2008

Highlights of the week

I am following orders to do this, at least for this week ;)

So, my highlights of the week would be:

Cleaning the bathrooms with my kids- it takes twice as long but it's funny to see what they think cleaning is. I usually just give them wipes and let them follow behind me. Their favorite is the mirrors. I would take a picture, but it's not clean anymore.

A ladies night out at my lovely friend Mel's with a group of wonderful women from high school. It was great to visit uninterrupted and share what we'd all been doing. I hadn't seen some of them for several years.

Watching the kids dance in the fountains at the Gateway with our good friends. It was hilarious how M dances to Jazz, his favorite genre. It probably wouldn't be cute if he was a teenager, but it is now.
The County fair, complete with pony rides, bunnies, chickens, goats, llamas, pigs, sheep, and crazy activities.

And best of all, my 7 year anniversary! DH made us a wonderful dinner, which we got to eat alone (thanks Grandma and Grandpa). It's fun to think back on our wedding day and how much we've grown up (or not). He gave me beautiful flowers and for dinner he made me:
A yummy Asian Salad, Apple beer,Classic swiss fondue with apples, peppers, carrots, and bread,
Marinated grilled flank steak, and a cute little cheesecake (no picture)

5 comments:

Mariam said...

How sweet. Your man can cook! It all looked yummy, and the flowers were beautiful. Congratulations.

Natasha said...

Mel as in the Mel that I know and love?????

If so, where is she, what has she been up to??

Your anniversary dinner looked sooo fun! I can't believe it has been 7 years! Congrats!

Katie said...

Sounds like you had a fun week! Sorry I missed out on the gno. I really wish I could have been there. I hope everyone is doing well! Happy big #7!

Jessie said...

Does Gage give cooking lessons?

Jill Hess said...

If he does, Paul needs them!!