Monday, June 4, 2007

Sleeping on a cliff and eating dirt

Otherwise known as camping. I LOVE to camp, but this is the first time we've tried with kids. It was a little harder than I thought, but way fun for them, so I'd say it was worth it. We'll go at least once more this summer, but maybe not any more than that until next year. E is really picky about food, but with dirt, I guess it's all good, crazy kid.

Anyway, we cooked in dutch ovens, hiked, made smores, sang camp songs, told stories, broke out the glow sticks, and generally had a great time with our friends the Blacks and their two kids. We went just up Sardine canyon, so only a mile or 2 outside Brigham. It sure is more fun when there's a lake, but it was nice not to have to drive very far, so it was worth having to make your own fun.

By far the BIGGEST hit was the caterpillars that were EVERYWHERE at the campsite, all kinds.




2 comments:

Damitz Family said...

It took me a minute to figure out who the heck Penny was. Hi! It looks like your camping was a lot of fun. We're trying to get up the guts to take ours this summer as well. Yikes!

Micki

Lucy van Pelt said...

I'm not the biggest camping fan, but you make it look really fun! As soon as I get a camper trailer to sleep in, I'll be camping with you.