Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Upside-down tomatoes

So we figured out a few ways to fit some veggies into our yard. After all, you can't eat grass. (Well, you could.....) We are giving the upside-down tomatoes a try! We put peppers in the top too. If you don't know what this is, do a search and you'll be surprised! Our home teacher told us about it on Sunday when we were trying to figure out if tomatoes or a sandbox were more important. (I know, this is the question we all struggle with) We'll see how it does. If it doesn't work, who doesn't need a bunch of 5 gallon buckets with holes drilled in the bottoms?





Oh, and we planted our peas and carrots as well. Butternut squash and Jack-be-little pumpkins will also go into this one. I think the rest of the tomatoes, cilantro, and flowers will go out front in the flower gardens. DH also rigged up some hoses/sprinklers and we watered our lawn for the first time! I was wondering why everyone else's was so green and ours was brown. Now I know.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

hurrah for upside-down gardens! That is so you!
miss ya

Lucy van Pelt said...

Planting looks like so much fun! We gave up on tomatoes this year. They just don't grow well in Seattle.

annzy said...

I am so jealous of the garden I do love a home grown tomato ~and I have seen this bucket trick before.