Monday, March 26, 2007

Digging in the dirt


I really like to work in the yard. This is a picture of me in my very own garden. When we were little, Dad gave me and Chase our own plots on our 1/2 acre lot to plant whatever we wanted. Mine was right by the road in full sun. I usually planted a border of marigolds with things in the middle like watermelons, (never did well) peas, pumpkins, and carrots. This is my first spring in my new house and I am watching everything come to life. Our dead flower gardens are now full of bulb flowers I didn't know were there, lilac bushes are getting leaves, and the fruit trees are just about to blossom. I just have to figure out where I'm going to plant a garden on our .16 acre lot that is mostly driveway and deck!

2 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Welcome to the bologosphere! It's fun and you'll be glad you joined.

Natasha said...

i'm sure you'll find a little space to plant a little something!